Learn to play an instrument or sing with our region’s most experienced tutors. No hidden costs, just unbelievably affordable prices.
At Yorkshire College of Music and Drama our strategy is simply to make music and singing lessons accessible to every single person. We are a registered Charitable Trust and offering affordable music lessons is just one of our charitable goals.
We don’t believe in compromise. This is why virtual learning with us is guaranteed to be of the same high calibre as that of our face-to-face lessons. Although we are based in the heart of Yorkshire, England – online, we are based in Yorkshire, The World. We’re all connected at the push of a button and this is huge because geography isn’t a barrier, it’s the complete opposite.
Online learning for all ages and abilities
Our prices are straightforward and our teaching is of the highest standard.
|1:1 Lessons in:
|Duration and £:
Flute and Fyfe
|30 minutes £17.45
45 minutes £26.18
60 minutes £34.90
|An initial consultation lesson with the preferred teacher is charged at the normal rate indicated.
If a minimum of 3 more lessons are booked, the cost of the consultation lesson is waived and an extra lesson is added to your term.
|Weekly Music Theory Group
| Via Facebook Private Group Tim’s Theory Group
Date and Time: Wednesday evening 6pm — 7pm GMT
Cost: £5.75 per session.
Note: Join at any time. Prices are charged per term and depending on when you join, only pay for the remainder of that term.This weekly lesson will deep dive into the theory of music. Expect to analyse, learn, debate, grow your learning and understanding.
Taught by internationally respected Yorkshire Composer, Conductor, Author and Music Publisher, Tim Knight our Music Theory Group is an invaluable opportunity to learn from a leading educator.
10 reasons to learn with us
- Competitive online prices. Transparent, no hidden extras or unexpected charges.
- We have 15 of the regions finest, diverse teachers. With decades of knowledge and a phenomenal success rate.
- Our singing and music lessons are for all ages and abilities. So complete beginners or those wanting to learn at a higher level.
- You get to choose your preferred teacher. We strongly believe the fit has to be right.
- Your consultation lesson is FREE if you book a minimum of three more online lessons.
- Online lessons are tailored to your specific needs. This holistic approach aims to guarantee the best learning experience for you.
- Flexible hours to work around you, Monday to Friday.
- Learn from the comfort of your home via Zoom or FaceTime. No travel time or disruption from other students having music lesson / singing lessons.
- Our heritage spans over 125 years. Yorkshire College of Music and Drama was established in 1894 and former students include Dame Julie Andrews who had signing lessons at the College when she was 16.
- College Principal, Tim Knight is internationally respected in his field of composing, conducting and writing award winning music.
Get in touch to start your online learning today
Learning to play and sing or increasing your music theory is a journey that is full of fun, self realisation and achievement. Together we can get your there — you’re in the safest hands and we are driven by a shared passion to help you achieve your aspirations.
Take the first step, call or send an email and we will be able to answer all your questions about lessons and accessing Tim Knight’s music theory group.
We can’t wait to hear from you.